Travelling On The Hanoi To Da Nang Train
Guidebooks and travel companies refer to the Reunification Express when talking about trains between Hanoi and Saigon, however there are now a variety of trains on this route and none are known by that name. For the first time, trains could travel from Hanoi to Saigon since 1954, when the country was split into north and south.
On December 31, 1976, rail service resumed, reuniting the country. The reunification railway, which runs the entire length of Vietnam, can be used by anyone who wants to do so. More trains and upgraded rolling stock have been added to the Hanoi-Saigon train service over the past decade and when it comes to peak periods such as Tet, there are additional trains available to accommodate demand.
The city of Da Nang is located approximately 20 kilometres from the historic hamlet of Hoi An. Use public transportation, such as a cab or the bus.
Da Nang, Vietnam’s fourth-largest city, is located about 20 kilometres north of Hoi An. Da Nang is a typical Vietnamese beach resort, and if you’re already in Hoi An, it’s a must-see. Beaches and high-end hotels are ready to welcome you to the area. International airport and train station are also located in Da Nang.
Flights from Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City are the quickest way to get there, but a train ride along the coast is much more enjoyable. There is no direct transportation link between Hanoi and Hoi An so you can either take a taxi or a local bus from Da Nang to Hoi An.
1. TRAIN from Hanoi to Da Nang
– interesting experience is to travel by train in Vietnam
– travel by train from Hanoi to Da Nang takes about 17 hours
– night trains are comfortable (soft bed), you can buy food and snack
– see the Vietnam railways map (January 2018)
– there are 6 trains every day of Vietnam Railways from Hanoi to Da Nang
– one-way train ticket costs about 500 000 – 800 000 viet.dongs ($20-50, hard+soft seat, hard+soft berth)
– also luxury Violette Train and Livitrans Express ($80-90)
– train station in Hanoi – Hanoi Railway Station (120 Le Duan)
– train station in Da Nang – Da Nang Railway Station (791 Hải Phòng)
– from Da Nang to Hoi An (20 km) you need to take a taxi or local bus (bus tickets to Hoi An)
book and buy train e-tickets from Hanoi to Da Nang online on Baolau or 12go.asia
– this is a top travel route from Hanoi to Da Nang – recommended – book your train tickets online!
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present when boarding the train